Monday, March 28, 2011

I swear I sound like a broken record...




Okay....since my last two rants on my other blog weren't enough for people I shall rant again. This time though, I am not only going at it from military stand-point so it gets to be on my Spazz-rage blog.

Definition of Marriage: the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law

Definition of Girlfriend:
a female friend with whom a man or boy is romantically or sexually involved; sweetheart

Seems to be a difference there right?

So I think it is fair to say that Marriage is not just a piece of paper since it is a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law. Whereas a girlfriend is a "female friend" that someone is romantically involved with. Wait minute, there is no obligation there? No recognization. Oh that's right when you google girlfriend you don't find any nice in depth articles on recognized by the congregation as boyfriend and girlfriend, you don't see judges giving people certificates of courtship.

It really bothers me to see that some women say that marriage isn't a big deal. I am sorry but my husband and I dated for a LONG time before we decided to get married, we put it off for awhile and tried cohabiting with each other on weekends or when I was off for a few days in a row to see if we could put up with each other. He proposed to me and we stayed engaged for a while to make sure that was what we wanted. We got married because he wanted to be able to call me his wife, and that I would be HIS spouse. That I would be Mrs. Smith and not the girl he was just dating in high school. When you say that marriage is just a piece of paper you are downplaying the beauty of the love a married couple shares. They made a vow to each other to take care of each other in sickness and health while you are only there living with the man with the thoughts of maybe one day settling down. Those who think it's just a piece of paper, for the sake of not being hypocritical I hope never get married. If it's just a piece of paper, I am sure you can function just fine for the rest of your life as his "girlfriend" that way you will always be known as " the girlfriend" or "his lady friend" ...not many people will take you seriously if you can't commit, I know I wouldn't.



~Smithers

2 comments:

  1. Love this blog entry. Marriage is too often downplayed when it should be cheered on. Marriage is the statement of love, shown on paper that two individuals are indeed committed to each other until death does part them. I'm happy to be married to my guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people think that just because they aren't married they can downplay the importance of marriage. Yeah, haters keep hating cause he doesn't want to put a ring on it -.-

    ReplyDelete